Information for Team Members on Leave of Absence
While you are out on a leave of absence:
- You should have received a packet of information to be completed and returned to HR Express by the time specified. It is the Team Member’s responsibility to make sure all documentation, including medical forms completed by a healthcare provider, are completed and returned to HR Express by the deadlines specified.
- Please maintain contact with HR Express throughout your claim to keep them informed of your plans, and so they can answer any questions you may have about your leave of absence.
Returning from a leave of absence:
- If you are a Full Time (40 hours/week) or Part-Time 1 (30 hours/week) Team Member, and out for your Own Health Condition, make sure to initiate a Short Term Disability claim. You can start this process by calling Lincoln Financial at (866) 783-2255.
- If you are enrolled in benefits and are no longer receiving pay from Alliance, you must contact the Total Rewards Department at TotalRewards@alliancehealthcareservices-us.com to make arrangements for your benefit premium payments.
- To make changes to your benefits based on an eligible qualified life event, contact the Total Rewards Department for assistance. You must make the changes within 30 days of the qualifying event date.
- If you are on an LOA for greater than 6 months, your benefit coverage will end at the end of the 6th month. However, you will have the opportunity to continue your coverage by electing Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) to be effective on the 1st day of the 7th month. If you elect COBRA timely, this will prevent a lapse in coverage.
To access related policies and benefit plan documents, click Here.
- If you need to extend your leave of absence, please notify HR Express and provide necessary medical documentation, as soon as possible.
- If you are out on leave for your Own Health Condition or Birth of a Child, you must provide a Return to Work Medical Evaluation Form to HR Express at least 5 days prior to your first day back at work.